I've narrowed my crazy get rich relatively quick schemes down to two types of high risk, high return investment: managed trading accounts (currency exchange, futures, options, etc.) and sports wager arbitrage funds.
Managed day trading accounts, especially currency exchange accounts can be very, very profitable. You can earn 1-3% daily without too much trouble. Currency trading can be tricky, but having a pro do it for you makes it a real "set and forget" investment. Just enjoy the high returns! I know this is a genuine investment vehicle because I went to university with a guy who is now a professional currency trader at the Tokyo office of Goldman Sachs. He does VERY well for himself and we've had many very interesting conversations!
Sports wager arbitrage is a little more interesting. Arbitrage is basically when you take advantage of discrepancies in payout rates between two different brokers of the same item. It's anytime two or more parties agree in principle on the value of an item, yet the actual value varies between the two parties. In sports betting, this happens because the unregulated world-wide "market" of sports bookies (operating legally in a jurisdiction allowing legalized gambling of course) is made up of many players large and small, private and institutional, who all set their own odds on games. There are many opportunities in the sports betting world to profit off of the discrepancies in odds set by different bookies.
It's the beginning of November. My goal is to be able to "retire" or in other words stop working my regular, soul-destroying job by March 1, 2010. Yes, that's right, only four months from now! I have up to $20,000.00 to invest. I am starting today with $2,000.00. If I can double it within the month I will continue investing more. Let's see where this goes! You probably think that's very ambitious, but there's more to my retirement plan I have yet to reveal here (hint: I intend to re-locate to a low-cost country for my primary residence.)
These are my initial investments, made today:
$1250 in Investment Fund 1. This is a forex fund, I believe. They offer 12% of your deposit back each day for 12 straight days (incudling weekends/holidays). They do not return the original deposit at the end of the term. There is a one-time 20% bonus paid on the initial deposit, as long as you re-invest any amount at least once. So, by November 17th I expect to turn $1250 into $1,250 x 12% x 12 days = $1,800, plus $1,250 x 0.20 = $250 one-time bonus upon re-investment for a grand total of $2,050 in just 12 calendar days from today. Another way to look at it is $2,050 - $1,250 = $800 / 12 days = $66.67 per day (7 days a week) of pure profit. Imagine depositing $10,000 into such a fund....that's my dream, we'll see how it all works out.
$25 in Investment Fund 2. Another high yield forex fund. Unlike Investment Fund 1, which has been around a while, Investment Fund 2 is new. I'll just invest a little until I know they're not going to fold up shop in just a couple of weeks or something . I'm in the 31% per week (7 days) program.
$25 in Investment Fund 3. They offer an insane 22% daily for 5 days, principle returned at the end of the term. It seems really high, most likely a scam but it's worth a shot for 25 bucks. I'll let you know what happens in 5 days...
$30 in Investment Fund 4. They've been around for a long-time, have public records as a registered company, and have been paying out regular, high forex investment payments. At $30 it's just 0.5% per day, but I'm just trying it out. With a few hundred or a few thousand bucks in there it's a normal 1-2% daily guaranteed. They only pay 5 days a week, so keep that in mind. I plan to add more into this one once I have some returns from the higher yielding ones.
$10 in Investment Fund 5. This one has a weird religious theme, but gets good reviews on investment forums as paying regularly and at very high rates (3% daily, 5 days a week, on $1001 or more). I'll give it a try and let you know if I invest more or not. Supposedly, he invests in institutional bank transfer arbitrage.
$10 in Investment Fund 6. This is the premiere sports betting arbitrage fund. Pays 6% weekly. It's been around and paying regularly for years. I will definitely be putting more of my money in this one after a few weeks of good test returns on the $10.
$22 in Investment Fund 7. This one is a pooled venture capital fund. They hold onto your money for 40 days, but they give you 90% profit for that period. Pretty good. This fund is only about 2 months old right now so I'm just investing cautiously for now.
$20 in Investment Fund 8. This fund claims to invest in nanotechnology start-ups. I find it a little dubious, yet it's been around for something like 2 years now, paying folks regularly 1.2-1.8% daily.
Oh and I almost forgot about Investment Fund 9. It`s pretty cool because it was free! They give all people who register a free $2.50 deposit to test them out. They say they pay between 0.5% and 3% daily. However, looking at their recent payment history, almost all amounts are in the 1-1.1% daily range, so I think that`s a more realistic picture of what they can deliver. Click here to register for your free, anonymous, no-obligation $2.50 investment deposit. Very cool!
Well, that's it for now. Over the next little while I'll be adding more info here, filling the blog out with some pictures, links, and more info about me and some of the other crazy stuff I get up to.
-OK Investor